March 31, 2020
5 Easy Nutrition Hacks You Can Do From Home
Written by: Femi Doyle-Marshall
Herbs, a great addition to any meal.
Besides the ability to make your food taste awesome many herbs have healing properties that you may not believe.
From the ability to improve your blood circulation, lowering blood pressure even to the provision of vital vitamins and micronutrients, having them in your diet can do more than give a little flavor.
Even though this article is specifically about herbs, I will be sprinkling a bit of spices into the mix later down the line.
Both are great for seasoning, coloring and dressing up dishes.
Today, you certainly don’t want to miss the benefits of what you will find.
1. Basil Herb – the basil herb posses a number of outstanding health qualities that can enhance the human body. Listing a few the leaf has anti-inflammatory (antiinflammatory) properties, blood sugar regulation capabilities along with pain relief and countless other benefits with use (1).
2. Cilantro (coriander) – did you know cilantro is also called coriander? Well this herb is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, antimicrobial (stopping growth of fungus and bacteria), anti-tumor and anti-cancer (2).
3. Lemon Grass – consists of a number of health beneficial properties. To name a few, lemon grass (or lemongrass) has been shown to be antibacterial, antiamoebic (parasite protection), antioxidant, blood sugar and cholesterol level regulator (3).
6. Oregano – is a herb with several properties. It is a potent antioxidants which has the potential to benefit cardiovascular and nervous systems as well may relieve the symptoms of inflammation, control blood and cholesterol (8).
7. Thyme Herb –another powerfully packed herb with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and may positively impact digestion (9).
In writing this article on healing herbs one finding published stated eating herbs in a normal day to day diet may provide even greater benefits compared to other plant foods.
And that’s it for today. Be sure to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to help make what you need happen. Feel free to reach out and contact us if you have any concerns at all.
photo credit: Ayurvedic India Spices and herbs used in indian cooking via photopin (license)
photo credit: mvcaf frost via photopin (license)
Femi Doyle-Marshall also know as Femi at New Persona is the founder of lifestyle brand New Persona. His articles aim to impact and inspire readers. Information is what will help you fast track results. Feel free to reach out to him or anyone on the New Persona team here.